5K Run / 1 Mile Fun Walk for Human Need
Organized by Mission2Gather
Sunday, June 2, 2013
9:30 p.m. (following worship)
Registration beginning at 8:30 p.m.
Gather in front of the Striplin Fitness Center at BSC
- $20 Early Bird Registration (by May 1) to Guarantee T-Shirt
- $30 Late Registration
Prizes will be awarded for top finishers and top fundraisers. Participants will receive t-shirts while supplies last.
All proceeds will benefit the Mission 2 Gather mission agencies and mission congregations of the North Alabama Conference working together to engage persons in mission and ministry to those in need.
- Anniston Community Enabler
- Community Church without Walls
- Highlands Community Ministries
- McCoy Adult Day Care
- P.E.E.R., Inc.
- Upper Sand Mountain Parish
- Urban Ministry, Inc.
Support Mission 2 Gather
There are several ways you can support this fundraising event.
1. Register to participate in the 5K as a runner or walker.
2. Enlist Sponsors
- As a runner / walker you are also encouraged to enlist sponsors to help raise funds for Mission 2 Gather.
Click to download Sponsorship Form.
- You can also ask your sponsors to donate online using a credit card, debit car or Paypal account and note that the donation should be credited to you. They can make their donation at https://na-reg.brtapp.com/5ksponsor.
3. Make a donation.
- As a sponsor, you pledge to donate money in honor of someone’s participation in the 5k. If you don’t know a runner / walker you can also make a general donation to the fundraiser. You decide how much you want to donate.
- Donate online at https://na-reg.brtapp.com/5ksponsor
- OR mail a check to 5 K Run/Walk, c/o Highlands UMC, 1045 South 20th Street, Birmingham, AL 35205.
Challenge from the Cabinet
Bishop Debra Wallace-Padgett and the Cabinet encourage support for the Mission 2 Gather agencies and this fundraiser. In that spirit, they have issued a challenge to the Conference. Each District Superintendent and the Bishop have agreed to be a participant in the 5k when a certain number of runners/walkers register or when sponsors raise a certain amount of money.
A District Superintendent will participate:
- when 15 people from his or her district register as runners / walkers OR when sponsors within the district raise$1000.
The Bishop will participate:
- when 100 people throughout the conference register as runners / walkers OR the Conference as a whole raises$10,000.