First-Time Member Orientation
All attending Annual Conference as a first-time member are invited to join conference staff for a brief orientation on Sunday, June 1 at 4:45 p.m. at the Dinner on the Grounds under the large tent on the quad. First-time members will have an opportunity to ask questions regarding your role and responsibilities during this crucial voting year. For more information, please contact Linda Holland at firstname.lastname@example.org or 205-226-7954.
Tips for First-Time Annual Conference Members
Prior to Annual Conference
- Read the PreConference Book. This will be the best way to be prepared for the important role you are about to play in the life of the church.
- Attend your District’s PreConference Meeting.
- Visit www.northalabamaumc.org/ac2014. More information and announcements about Annual Conference will be posted on the Conference webpage.
- Order your meal tickets or make reservations to be part of special meals.
- If you are from outside the Birmingham area and need accommodations, make reservations at a hotel. The special Annual Conference block rates expire in early May, so don’t delay.
Arriving at Annual Conference
- Bring your PreConference Book and any meal tickets you received in the mail.
- Visit the Express Registration Area to pick up your nametag and bag of additional materials. NOTE: Picking up your nametag from the Registration Team is how you officially register your attendance at Annual Conference 2014.
- Read through the additional materials you pick up at registration. The handouts labeled with a letter will be a part of the official business and voting of the Conference.
- On Sunday evening, attend First-Time Member Orientation.
During Annual Conference
- Wear your nametag to each session – you will need it to sit in the bar of the Conference.
- There’s a bar at Annual Conference? The bar is what we call the sections of the coliseum where voting members sit. You will need to be in one of these designated sections to participate in Annual Conference business sessions.
- Annual Conference often includes a summer rain shower, a powerful air conditioner in the Coliseum and lots of walking through campus. It is recommended you bring an umbrella, a sweater or light jacket and comfortable shoes!
- If you have questions during Annual Conference, look for one of our volunteer hosts or visit the Information Table on the floor of the coliseum.
Discover, Develop and Deploy Spiritual Leaders to Make Disciples of Jesus Christ for the Transformation of the World.