Prior to Annual Conference
- Read the PreConference Book. This will be the best way to prepare for the important role you are about to play in the life of the church.
- Attend your District’s PreConference Meeting.
- Visit www.umcna.org/ac2015. More information and announcements about Annual Conference will be posted on the Conference webpage.
- Order your meal tickets or make reservations to be part of special meals.
- If you are from outside the Birmingham area and need accommodations, make reservations at a hotel. The special Annual Conference block rates expire in early May, so don’t delay.
Arriving at Annual Conference
- Bring your PreConference Book, your Roll Call Card and any meal tickets you received in the mail.
- Visit the Express Registration Area to turn in your signed Roll Call Card and to pick up your nametag. This is how you officially register your attendance at Annual Conference 2015.
- Read through the additional materials passed out by the Ushers. The handouts labeled with a letter will be a part of the official business and voting of the Conference.
- On Sunday afternoon, attend Member Orientation.
During Annual Conference
- Wear your nametag to each session – you will need it to sit in the bar of the Conference.
- There’s a bar at Annual Conference? The bar is what we call the sections of the coliseum where voting members sit.
- You will need to be in one of these designated sections to participate in Annual Conference business.
- Annual Conference often includes a summer rain shower, a powerful air conditioner in Bill Battle Coliseum and lots of walking through campus. Bring an umbrella, a sweater or light jacket and comfortable shoes!
- If you have questions during Annual Conference, look for one of the volunteer hosts or visit the Information Table on the floor of the coliseum.
Discover, Develop and Deploy Spiritual Leaders to Make Disciples of Jesus Christ for the Transformation of the World.