Alabama Course of Study
How to Register for a Class:
- Check the schedule to see which classes are being offered during the ALCOS Session you want to attend. Due to the Covid 19 Pandemic, it may be necessary to change classes offered, format and location for each session. Check the front page of our website frequently… www.umcna.org/alcosumc. You may register for classes for the entire school year...Fall 2020 through Summer 2021 or one Session at a time.
- Select the COS class you need or want to take. You must take COS 121 and COS 122 before you are eligible to register for any other Course of Study class. Make sure you are taking the classes in order according to the curriculum chart, especially the Bible and Theology courses.
- Check your records to make sure you have not taken the class. Very important. You don’t want to duplicate a class. Keep records. If you do not have a list of the classes you have taken, please get a copy of your transcript and mark the classes on a student grid sheet. You can order a transcript by email from Pamela Frost at the General Board of Higher Education & Ministry office in Nashville. email@example.com. She will need your full name, PID # and Conference.
- PID number…what is that? If you are new to Course of Study, you will need a PID number (Personal Identification Number) from GBHEM. Email the ALCOS Registrar for the procedure to obtain your PID number.
- Complete the current year registration form, sign it and staple a check or money order for your $75 registration fee...per class; the fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. Before you register, call or email your District Superintendent to discuss your interest in taking a class. With many District Offices closed due to Covid 19, the ALCOS Registrar will obtain email approval from your DS and the Conference Registrar.
PLEASE NOTE: Online registration and payment by credit card is available at our website: www.umcna.org/alcosumc.
- Approval from the District Superintendent assures that you have permission to take the class and that you are a member in good standing with the conference.
- Approval from the Conference Board of Ordained Ministry Registrar guarantees you are eligible for a scholarship from your Conference for the $300 Tuition/Course Fee. If you register for a class and can’t attend, you must cancel, or the conference will be billed.
Alabama Course of Study 615 Main Avenue, SW Cullman, AL 35055
Peggy Ryan, ALCOS Registrar
firstname.lastname@example.org 256 -747-3329
Discover, Develop and Deploy Spiritual Leaders to Make Disciples of Jesus Christ for the Transformation of the World.