In 2007 the North Alabama Conference began the Bridge Builders program. In order to be a Bridge Builder Church a local church provides proof of the following:
- Have a lay member designated as Director of Disability Ministries for the local Church
- Have at least one Handicapped Parking spot marked with appropriate sign
- Show at least three things the church has done during the year to help those with disabilities
- Have a Disability Ministry Fund (no set amount required)
- Give to the District Disability Ministry Fund and the North Alabama Conference Disability Fund (no set amount)
- Show that the local church has had an annual Disability Awareness Sunday.
- Show that the local church has completed an annual Accessibility Audit
A church may apply to be a Bridge Builder each year from February 1 – December 15. This status is good for one year because we want to continue “building bridges” year after year!
Complete the Application Online
Discover, Develop and Deploy Spiritual Leaders to Make Disciples of Jesus Christ for the Transformation of the World.