Bridge Builder Application
In 2007 the North Alabama Conference began the Bridge Builders program. In order to be a Bridge Builder Church a local church provides proof of the following:
- Have a lay member designated as Director of Disability Ministries for the local Church
- Have at least one Handicapped Parking pot marked with appropriate sign
- Show at least three things the church ha done during the year to help those with disabilities
- Have a Disability Ministry Fund (no set amount required)
- Give to the District Disability Ministry Fund and the North Alabama Conference Disability Fund (no set amount)
- Show that the local church has had an annual Disability Awareness Sunday.
- Show that the local church ha completed an annual Accessibility Audit
A church may apply to be a Bridge Builder each year from February 1 – December 15. This status is good for one year because we want to continue “building bridges” year after year!