Executive Assistant to Executive Director
**This position location is Brentwood, TN. **
How to apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit bumc.net/employment to fill out an online application.
Benefits: access to medical, dental, vision, Paid-time off, and 403b
Reports to: Executive Director
Serve as an extension of the Executive Director office supporting the ministry and goals of Brentwood United Methodist Church’s Lead Team while supporting this group on special projects, events, and various meetings. In addition, conduct research, manage the workflow and schedule of Executive Director.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are a representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Support the Executive Director in an administrative role, to include:
- Schedule management, note-taking, and tracking follow-up for meetings
- Initiate and return phone calls, assist with email communication, manage calendar, and coordinate other correspondence with staff, congregants, church leadership, and the community o Compile & analyze metrics for key initiatives
- Prepare & process POs, reconcile credit card purchases and expense reports, and perform other financial projects as assigned o Coordinate and book travel for Executive Director
- Coordinate special projects as assigned
- • Support the Lead Team & church senior leadership team as directed to ensure that BUMC ministry goals and objectives are accomplished, and operations run efficiently
- Maintain and refine internal processes that support the Lead Team coordinating internal and external resources to expedite workflow
- Provide support to Lead Team related committees and projects o Initiate and return phone calls, assist with email communication, manage calendar, and coordinate other correspondence with staff, congregants, church leadership, and the community
- Manage communication for various projects and tasks
- Coordinate and book travel for Lead Team and church senior leadership as requested
- Assist Executive Director with event management as requested
- Provide reception desk coverage as needed Competencies
- High level of competency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with ability to learn other computer programs quickly and use them proficiently (e.g., Arena church management system and eSpace for event scheduling and registration)
- Self-starter who takes initiative and anticipates needs
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities while remaining flexible given the changing nature of workflow and priorities
- Enjoys a team environment and a job they can build, grow, and evolve
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent people skills and a strong work ethic
- Maintain grace and poise under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience preferred
- Three (3) – Five (5) years’ experience in executive assistant or coordinator role
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in an office environment. Position is mostly sedentary and is required to talk, hear, stand, walk, and sit. Employee must occasionally lift or move office supplies or other items up to 25 pounds.
Expected Hours of Work
Days and hours of work are Monday – Friday, 40+ hours per week. Occasional weekend and evening hours required for special events and meetings. Travel Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the area and overnight travel may be expected.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Organization: Brentwood United Methodist Church
Contact: Krystina Cortesi
Address: 309 Franklin Rd. Brentwood 37027
Email: Click to email