Leadership Title: Administrative Assistant/ Treasurer Salary: Hourly, $13 - $15
Status: Part-time Hours: 10-15 hours weekly Days: Monday -Thursday
Report to: Staff-Parish Relations Committee, Senior Pastor, and Associate Pastor
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of Isom’s Chapel UMC in the Northeast District Administrative Assistant is to maintain the central office for the church, fulfill clerical, administrative and accounting/ financial duties in a collegial and professional manner, and to assist the pastors to help fulfill other ministry needs as they occur.
I. Experience and Knowledge Required:
II. Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Have a full understanding of Isom’s Chapel’s vision and mission statements
- Working knowledge of Excel, Outlook, and Quickbooks
- Knowledge of office procedures and record-keeping
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems in a professional manner
§ Maintain confidentiality
§ Assist pastor/pastors when needed
§ Assist church members with office needs
§ Record keeping
§ Maintain church calendar
§ Manage incoming and outgoing mail -physical and electronic
§ Answer phone and relaying messages
§ Compose and type correspondence
§ Monitor and order office supplies, as well as other material or items needed for ministry
§ Establish and maintain all files -physical and electronic
§ Keep and Update membership records: attendance, duties, and contact information
§ Create monthly Newsletter
§ Create, print, and fold weekly bulletin for worship
§ Attend Administrative Board Meeting monthly to take the minutes
§ Type Administrative Board Meeting minutes in a timely fashion
§ Send and receive emails for the church and on behalf of the pastor/pastors
§ Update picture directory when needed
§ Maintain and record Sunday School attendance
§ Verify purchases and pay invoices
§ Prepare and cut payroll checks; distribute to employee(s)
§ Reconcile Bank statement with Quickbook
§ Prepare and distribute financial reports to the Administrative Council
§ Present financial information at monthly board meeting
§ Prepare and file electronic Federal and State taxes
III. Other Duties and Responsibilities:
§ Attend occasional district and/or community meetings
§ Work closely with the Administrative Board of Isom’s Chapel
§ Help complete year-end statistical data for the conference
§ Help straighten books and replenish pens, offering envelopes, and Kleenex in the Sanctuary
§ Send Birthday cards on behalf of Isom’s Chapel
§ Some travel to the bank or Post Office
§ Motivated to work unsupervised
§ Tidy and neat
§ Problem solving
§ Must be able to greet and direct visitors
§ Developing an accountability/ prayer partner is encouraged
§ Knowledge of facilities
IV. The Administrative Assistant must possess and exhibit the following core values in his/ her daily life if a member of Isom’s Chapel:
- Upholding the covenant to support Isom’s Chapel with your prayer, presence, gift, service, and witness.
- Prayer– you agree to pray for the Church.
- Presence– you agree to support Isom’s Chapel with your attendance.
- Gifts– you agree to support Isom’s Chapel with your physical gifts and your monetary gifts with the ultimate goal of tithing.
- Service– You pledge to support the ministries of Isom’s Chapel volunteering when possible.
- Witness– You pledge to live your life according to Scripture.
Contact: Tony Jones
16230 Mooresville Road Athens AL 35613