Director of Student Ministries - Panama City
- Set the vision for the youth ministry with a plan to carry it out for 6th – 12th Grade Students
• The vision should include an emphasis on evangelism, spiritual growth, leadership development and engagement in the life of the church.
• Teach the vision and purpose of Youth Ministry to all volunteers, staff, students and congregation.
- Develop and lead programs that:
• Create outreach through activities and events (Evangelism)
• Foster spiritual growth opportunities for youth to worship, serve in local, national and international missions, fellowship with each other, learn Biblical truths and apply them to their lives. (Spiritual Growth)
• Enable students who reach out and serve others, impacting them with the love of Christ (Leadership Development)
• Ensure student participation in the overall ministry of the church through service. (Engagement)
- Build and maintain relationships with youth in the church and community.|
• Meet regularly with youth in the church.
• Develop relationships with Middle and High School Students in our ministry area.
• MS - University Academy, Bay Haven, North Bay Haven, Holy Nativity, Jinks, Mowat, Surfside,
• HS - Bay, Mosley, North Bay Haven, Arnold, and Rutherford
• Seek out opportunities to “hang out” with youth on campus, at events, or in the community
- Build and maintain quality relationships with parents
• Communicate with parents the purpose of the youth ministry (Examples: Spiritual Growth, Student Leadership, Engagement in the life of the church)
• Create avenues of consistent contact with parents (E-mails, Social Media, Etc.)
• Become aware of the needs of the parents
- Recruit, develop and train an Adult Volunteer Leadership Team to help build relationships with students by: Individual mentoring Leading and facilitating small groups Visiting students on school campuses
- Network with other youth workers in the community
• to pray for the community
• to encourage each other, sharing ideas and experiences
• by attending area events with other youth ministries (See You At the Pole, Youth Retreat, FCA, etc..)
- Oversee and manage the youth ministry budget
- Ensure youth are leading in worship by serving as acolytes, singing/playing in Youth Choir and/or Praise Teams.
- Attend weekly church staff meeting
- Provide a report to the senior pastor of your goals, accomplishments, prayers and praises
- Be attentive to a growing military community in our area developing ways to connect with Tyndall AFB Family Support and Tyndall Academy.
Passion for youth with previous ministry experience preferred. A strong understanding of the Christian faith and life, along with the ability to teach scripture and participate in worship. Candidate should be personable, enthusiastic, creative, adaptable, highly motivated, a team builder and team player, able to relate to students and parents. Basic skills with computer, audio-visual, social media and technology preferred.
Interested persons are asked to send their resume to Dr. Jeremy Pridgeon, email@example.com along with three references and anticipated salary range.
Organization: Panama City First United Methodist Church
Contact: Jeremy Pridgeon
Address: 903 E. 4th St. Panama City FL 32401
Email: Click to email