Director of Contemporary Worship Job Description
Riverchase United Methodist Church is seeking a full time Director of Contemporary Worship to be responsible for designing and implementing the musical and creative elements for Riverchase’s Contemporary Worship Service (RCS).
The Director will:
- Organize the band, music and tech team for RCS and weekly rehearsals.
- Create and oversee a process to recruit and develop new musical talent from within Riverchase Student Ministry and Riverchase UMC at large.
- Recruit new musical talent from outside the church as needed.
- • Work with the pastors and RCS team to design creative worship experiences including set design, creative content, memorable moments and interactive experiences.
- Manage budget and supplies for RCS
- Organize weekly volunteer teams (including set-up, tear-down, greeters, ushers, communion servers, etc) for RCS.
- Assist with worship needs for Riverchase Children/ Student Ministries (RCM/ RSM) including mentoring RCM and RSM choir/worship leaders.
- Assist in special events such as funerals, weddings, RCM and RSM events.
- The Worship Director will report to the Executive Pastor
The Worship Director must love God and neighbor and be actively engaged in increasing their capacity for both. She/he must have a high level of competency playing at least one instrument suitable for leading modern worship, the gift and desire to sing well and the maturity and capacity to lead a church band made up of both paid and volunteer musicians and vocalists. She/he must have the emotional and spiritual capacity to lead the congregation in worship, the ability to work well with the pastoral and administrative church staff and volunteers as well as a desire to lead people into God’s presence through music.
1953 Old Montgomery Hwy. Hoover AL 35244
Discover, Develop and Deploy Spiritual Leaders to Make Disciples of Jesus Christ for the Transformation of the World.