Last Updated Thursday, May 28, 2015
- Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life: Christianity is ranked the largest religion in the world today. According to the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life, in 2010 there were 2.18 billion Christians around the world, nearly a third of the global population. (Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life (2010))
- 32% of the world's population is considered to be Christian. (Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life (2010))
- US adherents - 247 million in 2010 (Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary)
- 79.5% of the population (Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life (2010))
- Today in the U.S., about 78% of adults (247 million) identify themselves as Christian. In comparison, the next largest religions in America are Judaism and Islam. Combined they represent less than three percent of the United States population. (Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life (2007) and World Religion Database)
- For more great stats and global evangelistic trends see: Is Evangelism Going Out of Style? https://www.barna.org/barna-update/faith-spirituality/648-is-evangelism-going-out-of-style#.VQB2S_nF-So
Discover, Develop and Deploy Spiritual Leaders to Make Disciples of Jesus Christ for the Transformation of the World.