Multicultural Ministries Ministry Action Plan
To establish the North Alabama Conference as a global model for diversity and inclusion, empowering and equipping churches of color in becoming vital congregations that win souls for Jesus Christ.
To dramatically increase participation and leadership from people of color in the NAC through strategic planning, programming and processes that will lead to discover, develop, and deploy spiritual leaders of all people.
- Strengthen ethnic minority local churches and ministries.
- Grow ethnic minority membership in the Conference.
- Identify new communities of faith.
- Develop lay & clergy leadership.
- Build partnerships with churches committed to being healthy, vital, and effective.
- Work to revitalize all ethnic churches represented in the Conference.
Discover Spiritual Leaders by:
- Holistic recruitment of new leaders from different ethnicities.
- Partnerships with other NAC ministries.
- Database of potential clergy and laity leaders.
- Trainings and events to expose people to the life and plights of people of color.
- Discover churches in the NAC that are open to cross-racial/cross-cultural appointments.
- Telling Our Story Campaign.
Develop Spiritual Leaders by:
- Develop leadership incubator (clergy and laity) that will enroll participants in a two-year program preparing for leadership on the conference level.
- Develop leadership retreats that will introduce new leaders to the multicultural/multi-racial aspects of the NAC.
- Develop curriculum that will prepare churches for cross-racial/ cross-cultural appointments.
Deploy Spiritual Leaders by:
- New ministry starts within two years.
- Appointment of new clergy leaders.
- Sending spiritual leaders to teach, coach, and mentor potential spiritual leaders.
- Matching the spiritual leaders’ gifts with the needs of the local churches.
- Sending spiritual leaders to witness and thereby recruit future leaders.