North Alabama elder one of twenty outstanding Young Pastors selected for the Lewis Fellows Program
The Lewis Center for Church Leadership of Wesley Theological Seminary has selected 20 outstanding young clergy to participate in the 2012-2013 Lewis Fellows program. This year's class includes a clergy member of the North Alabama Conference.
Every year the Lewis Fellows program brings together outstanding young clergy persons (generally those under the age of 35) for intensive leadership development activities and sustained peer interaction. To date, more than 150 young clergy from more than a dozen denominations have been named Lewis Fellows. The program is supported in part by a grant from the Lilly Endowment, Inc.
The members of the 2012-2013 cohort of Lewis Fellows were chosen from a broad field of applicants and represent five denominations and 15 states. They include the following:
- Shalom Agtarap, Pastor, Ellensburg United Methodist Church (UMC); Ellensburg, Wash.
- Errick Baldwin, Pastor, Bickham Chapel AME Zion Church; Amite, La.
- Katie Bishop, Pastor, New Hope UMC; Brunswick, Md.
- Becca Clark, Pastor, Trinity UMC; Montpelier, Vt.
- Andrew Conard, Pastor, El Dorado First UMC; El Dorado, Kan.
- James Ellis III, Associate Pastor, Asbury UMC; Martinsburg, W.Va.
- Vicki Flippin, Pastor of Social Justice, Exploring Faith, and Inter-generational Ministries, UMC of the Village; New York, N.Y.
- Mira Hewlett, Pastor, First UMC; Carlisle, Pa.
- Nathan Hill, Minister of Church Life, East Dallas Christian Church and the Table; Dallas, Texas
- Kristin M. Holbrook, Pastor, Central UMC; Salem, Va.
- Mike Holly, Pastor for Contemporary Worship, Canterbury UMC; Birmingham, Ala.
- Norm Jones, Pastor, Lilesville Charge of the UMC; Lilesville, N.C.
- David Lessner, Associate Pastor, Stonebridge UMC; McKinney, Texas
- Meggan Manlove, Pastor, Trinity Lutheran Church; Nampa, Idaho
- Seth McPherson, Pastor and Cultivator, Good Shepherd UMC; Leeper, Pa.
- Katrina Moore, Director of Next Generation Ministries/Children's Church Pastor, The Greater Piney Grove Baptist Church; Atlanta, Ga.
- Sara Elizabeth Pugh, Associate Pastor, Braddock Street UMC; Winchester, Va.
- Mark Reisinger, Pastor, Grace UMC; Mechanicsburg, Pa.
- Elizabeth Sillerud, Associate Pastor, American Lutheran Church; Billings, Mont.
Jordan Thrasher, Lead Pastor, Bold Spring UMC; Carnesville, Ga.
The Lewis Center for Church Leadership of Wesley Theological Seminary seeks to advance the understanding of Christian leadership and promote the effective and faithful practice of Christian leadership in the church and the world. The center is building a new vision for church leadership grounded in faith, informed by knowledge and exercised in effective practice. The center seeks a holistic understanding of leadership that brings together theology and management, scholarship and practice, research and application. The Lewis Center serves as a resource for clergy and lay leaders, congregations and denominational leaders. Through teaching, research, publications and resources, the center supports visionary spiritual leaders and addresses key leadership issues crucial to the church’s faithful witness.
More information about the Lewis Fellows program is available at http://www.churchleadership.com/lewisfellows.