The Oklahoma Conference of the United Methodist Church has contacted the United Methodist Disaster Warehouse in Decatur with a list of needed supplies in the response effort to the recent tornadoes.
Below are urgently needed supplies. If you and your congregation would like to donate any of these items you can deliver them to the Disaster Warehouse in Decatur or bring them to Annual Conference (which will be June 2-4, 2013 on the campus of Birmingham-Southern College) and take them to the Disaster Response trailer. The goal is to send a load of these needed supplies to Oklahoma by next Friday, June 7.
- Tarps 12’ X 15’, OR 20’ X 30’ Medium or heavy weight for roofs
- 2 ½” Roofing nails
- Leather palm- cloth back work gloves
- Baby Powder
- Large 6 mil trash can liners
- Flat bill shovels
- Garden and Leaf rakes,
- Two or three rolling magnets to pick up nails in drive ways.
- Box Fans
- Insect Repellent
- Paper/plastic Cups and plates
- Plastic eating utensils
- A couple of foot pump air pumps (for flat tires on wheel barrows)
Also, the Disaster Response Warehouse needs to replenish it's stock of these common items used in times of disaster response. These supplies can also be donated at the Warehouse in Decatur or at the Disaster Response Trailer at Annual Conference.
- 100’ clothes lines
- Packs of 50 clothes pins
- Small DRY Sponges (Dollar Tree has 10/pkg for $1)
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Wheel barrows with two wheels on the front (Not put together)
- Manual can openers
- ¾” wide band aids
- Shampoo and Conditioners
- 2 and 3 gallon garden sprayers (for next flood)
The United Methodist Disaster Warehouse in Decatur is located at 3220 Hwy 31 So Building F, Decatur, AL 35603. It is staffed by volunteers, so please make sure you call to schedule your drop off of supplies - (256) 341-9961.