Serve Alabama, the Governor’s Office of Faith-Based and Volunteer Service, has scheduled Local Volunteer and Donations Management courses in several North Alabama locations. Course information, dates and locations are provided below.
G288 Local Volunteer and Donations Management Information Sheet
To provide local emergency management personnel and voluntary agency representatives with the knowledge and skills necessary to develop and execute an effective volunteer and donations management program as well as develop a volunteer and donations management support annex.
- Identify key organizations and individuals who have a role in managing unaffiliated volunteers, unsolicited goods, and undesignated cash donations in disasters.
- Identify specific agencies and organizations and how they collaborate to form a Volunteer and Donations Coordination Team (VDCT).
- Develop an effective public education and information structure to support the successful management of unaffiliated volunteers, unsolicited goods, and undesignated cash donations.
- Identify how to effectively manage the surge of unsolicited goods.
- Gather information from organizations, agencies, volunteers, media, and others for donations intelligence purposes.
- Facilitate the matching of unaffiliated volunteers with appropriate organizations or agencies during program implementation.
- List the planning considerations for cash donations.
- Incorporate technology needed to successfully manage information on unaffiliated volunteers and unsolicited goods.
- Relate volunteer and donations management program responsibilities to the planning components of the annex.
- State and Local emergency management personnel
- Local government officials
- Local volunteer and donations coordinators
- Key VOAD members who play a role in volunteer and donations management
Dates and Locations:
April 15-16, 2014
Alabama Emergency Management Agency
5898 County Road 41
Clanton, AL 35046
April 22-23, 2014
Tuscaloosa County Health Department
2350 Hargrove Road East
Tuscaloosa, AL 35405
May 6-7, 2014
Butler County Health Department
350 Airport Road
Greenville, Alabama 36037
May 20-21, 2014
University of North Alabama
East Campus, Room #102
1640 Tune Avenue
Florence, AL 35630
To register, email Brooke.Mills@ServeAlabama.gov and include the following information:
Date and Location of Course:
Which training will you attend? G228, VRC TTT, or both: