Church and Society now accepting applications for 2022 grant funding
The General Board of Church and Society (GBCS) awards grants to United Methodist congregations and groups related to The United Methodist Church through the Ethnic Local Church, Human Relations Day and Peace with Justice programs. The 2022 grants application is now open.
Grants awards range from $2000 - $5000. None of the money can be used to fund individual scholarships, salaries, purchase of equipment, purely administrative costs, or direct delivery of services.
The Church and Society Grant Program funding is provided through three grants.
- Ethnic Local Church Grants focus on the self-identified needs of ethnic local churches and persons as they address one or more chronic social issues or concerns.
- Human Relations Day Grants support advocacy and community engagement aimed at uplifting the right of all God’s children to realize their potential in right relationship with one another.
- Peace with Justice Grants support programs and projects that witness to God’s demands for a faithful, just, disarmed, and secure world.
To apply for grants, applicants must complete forms on the new GBCS online system. All those who previously submitted applications must re-apply using the revised online form.
Applicants are asked to provide
- a program/project summary
- budget and supporting documentation including no fewer than two references
- a letter from the Resident Bishop. Complete criteria and required documentation are provided on the application.
Only complete online applications with all required documents submitted by the September 16, 2022 deadline, will be considered for funding.
Funding decisions for all qualified applications will be made at the GBCS Board of Directors Meeting in October 2022 and announced shortly thereafter.
Learn about previous grantees here. Questions? Contact Church and Society by email: email@example.com