Deadline for North Alabama Annual Conference Reports & Information is Feb. 1, 2018
North Alabama Conference teams, committees, commissions, and Conference-related organizations are invited to share a report in the Journal vol. 1 (PreConference Book) of the North Alabama Conference describing their ministry over the past year. Groups are asked to highlight how their ministry is working toward the Conference Mission of Discover, Develop and Deploy Spiritual Leaders to make Disciples of Jesus Christ for the Transformation of the World.
All reports submitted for publication in the Journal vol. 1 (PreConference Book) should be submitted no later than Thursday, Feb. 1, 2018, as a Microsoft Word or Google Document and attached in an email to the following email address:
Include "Pre-Conference Report" in the subject line.
Any report that requires action by the Annual Conference not received by the Feb. 1, 2018, deadline may be considered for distribution during the 2018 Annual Conference at the discretion of the Director of Connectional Ministries and/or the Conference Secretary. If approved, your report will be assigned a letter. Your team should provide 1,500 copies of the report.
Guidelines for Content
Submitting a report to the North Alabama Annual Conference is a wonderful way to connect North Alabama United Methodist congregations to your team or organization’s ministry. It also helps the Conference record highlights of your ministry for generations to come through the historical record of the Journal.
To work toward the goals of higher readership for reports and to be better stewards of paper and printing funds, here are a few guidelines for your printed report.
- Keep the content of your report focused and concise.
- Proofread and edit your report to be approximately 500 words (1 page) in length.
- Clearly state how your team or organization is working toward the North Alabama Conference Mission of Discover, Develop and Deploy Spiritual Leaders to make Disciples of Jesus Christ for the Transformation of the World. Make this the focus of your report.
- The theme for Annual Conference 2018 is "Singing God's Song in Harmony." The focus of this year's gathering will be Ethnic Ministries. You are encouraged to also highlight ways your team is working toward this theme.
- Clearly identify any action your team requests from the North Alabama Annual Conference.
- Include ministry celebrations and stories from the past year, as well as, specific goals for future ministry.
- Do not include logos, photos or elaborate formatting in your report. If your report requires visual content please contact Journal Editor Lyn Cosby for guidelines (firstname.lastname@example.org or 205-226-7972.)