Deadline for North Alabama Annual Conference Reports & Information is Feb. 1, 2020
North Alabama Conference teams, committees, commissions, and Conference-related organizations are invited to share a report in the Journal vol. 1 (PreConference Book) of the North Alabama Conference describing their ministry over the past year. Groups are asked to highlight how their ministry is working toward the Conference Mission of Discover, Develop and Deploy Spiritual Leaders to make Disciples of Jesus Christ for the Transformation of the World.
All reports submitted for publication in the Journal vol. 1 (PreConference Book) should be in a Microsoft Word or Google Document submitted by email no later than Friday, Feb. 1, 2020, to the following email address:
Include "Pre-Conference Report" in the subject line.
Any report that requires action by the Annual Conference not received by the annual February 1, deadline may be considered for distribution during the 2020 Annual Conference at the discretion of the Director of Connectional Ministries and/or the Conference Secretary. If approved, that report will be assigned a letter. Teams submitting late reports should provide 1,500 copies of the report for distribution at Annual Conference.
Guidelines for Content
Submitting a report to the North Alabama Annual Conference allows North Alabama United Methodist congregations to connect with your team or organization’s ministry. It also allows the Conference to record highlights and critical information about your ministry for generations to come through the historical record of the Conference Journal.
To work toward the goals of higher readership for reports and to be better stewards of paper and printing funds, here are a few guidelines for printed reports.
- Keep the content of your report focused and concise.
- Proofread and edit your report to be approximately 500 words (1 page) in length.
- Clearly state how your team or organization is working toward the North Alabama Conference Mission of Discover, Develop and Deploy Spiritual Leaders to make Disciples of Jesus Christ for the Transformation of the World. Make this the focus of your report.
- The theme for Annual Conference 2020 is "Singing God's Song with Those Forgotten." The focus of this year's gathering will be Ministry with the Poor. You are encouraged to also highlight ways your team is working toward this theme and Conference priority.
- Clearly identify any action your team requests from the North Alabama Annual Conference.
- Include ministry celebrations and stories from the past year, as well as, specific goals for future ministry.
- Do not include logos, photos or elaborate formatting in your report. If your report requires visual content please contact Journal Editor Lyn Cosby for guidelines (firstname.lastname@example.org or 205-226-7972.)