Ethnic Ministries 2020 Grant Cohort Now Open - Application deadline March 1
The North Alabama Conference Ethnic Ministries Team is looking to identify, fund, and strengthen Ethnic churches who are seeking to develop and to deliver transformational resources for the church and community.
Local churches and ministries often have passion and great ideas, but not enough resources (funding, support, and skillset) to accomplish their missions. Ethnic Ministries of the North Alabama Conference would like to be that support to your congregation.
The Ethnic Ministries Team is here to help!
The new grant cohort gives you an opportunity to tell your ministry’s needs, expected outcomes, and the support that you need to make it come to fruition and prosper.
Your first step is to complete the 2020 Grant Cohort Application by the deadline of March 1, 2020.
The application does not have to be the perfect plan or the best budget, the team just needs you to explain your need for assistance and to give the big picture of what you are trying to accomplish.
You can begin by doing the following these steps:
- Communicate with your congregation - Talk with current ministry leaders, lay leaders, administrative council, and members about how you can make something better or start a new outreach or community project.
- Tell the Story - Write a narrative that tells about the need for funding (what is currently happening or not happening in the church or community)
- How can you make a difference? - Why would this project, mission, or outreach make a difference (how will the funds help you address what you write about in step 1)
- Budget - How much money will your church put towards this endeavor and provide a breakdown of the expected spending cost. (how will you spend the funds) Remember, funds cannot be used for salary, brick and mortar repairs or building maintenance.
- What if this project isn’t selected in the cohort? How will your church continue in this project? What other resources or outreach of support will you have? Is this project or ministry something that you will develop regardless of this grant?
- Fill out the grant application – Do this by or before March 1 at 11:59 p.m., which is the deadline for submission
- Get the appropriate signatures – Your grant submission must have the signature of your Senior Pastor, Church Council Chair and District Superintendent, by the April 1 deadline.
If your ministry is awarded a grant:
- You will be contacted by an Ethnic Ministries team member noting its acceptance.
- You will attend the Grant Cohort Breakfast to share your grant idea among the other grant recipients.
- You will attend web-based training webinars.
- You will provide updates on your grant to the assigned Ethnic Ministries team member for your district.
For more information and to submit your online application go to: https://www.umcna.org/ethnicgrants.
The deadline is March 1, 2020.
In order to complete this application process: please print off the application (which should include the narrative and budget information), get the necessary signatures, and send your hard copy to the Ethnic Ministries office by mail (898 Arkadelphia Rd, Birmingham AL 35204) or via email.
If you have questions, please contact Doris McCullers in the Ethnic Ministries Office (205-226-7950 or email@example.com) or a team member assigned to your District as listed below:
Cheaha and Mountain Lakes Districts
Dr. Anthony Powell
Central and South Central Districts
Northeast and Northwest Districts
Southeast and Southwest Districts