Message from Bishop Wallace-Padgett: A Prayer for the 2017 Annual Conference
Annual Conference season has arrived! Many thanks to the staff, planning team and other leaders who have invested countless hours in preparing an inspiring annual gathering. It will be great to worship, learn and do Conference business together.
The 2017 emphasis includes:
- Theme: “Singing God’s Song in Tune and Rhythm”
- Focus: Healthy Congregations
- Special Mission Offering: Ministry with the Poor Conference Priority
I look forward to seeing you in Huntsville, June 4-6, 2017. As always, it is a privilege to serve as your bishop.
North Alabama Conference
A Prayer for Annual Conference
God of us all,
Thank you for the people and ministries of the North Alabama Conference. We celebrate the lives that are being changed . . . the disciples being made . . . and the communities being transformed as you work in and among us.
Now as our 2017 Annual Conference draws near, we pray:
- for every musician, preacher and teacher who will lead us in worship, bible study and workshops;
- for clear discernment on the decisions before us;
- for each leader and ministry that relates to North Alabama Methodism;
- that you go ahead of us, preparing our hearts and minds to experience your presence in powerful ways;
- and that you renew each clergy and lay member of the Annual Conference with a fresh outpouring of your Holy Spirit.
We offer these and all of our prayers to you, our Triune God, Creator, Redeemer and Sustainer of us all.
Amen and Amen.