SEJ UMVIM Summer Internship application closes soon
The Southeastern Jusrisdictional office of United Methodist Volunteers in Mission offers a summer intern program for young adults. The eight-week program offers students the opportunity to spend the summer learning about how the United Methodist Church operates in local, domestic and global missions.
Interns will spend their first week in the Birmingham office, three weeks at an UMVIM / SEJ domestic project, three weeks at an UMVIM / SEJ international project, and a final week of debriefing back in the Birmingham office. The student will experience various aspects of mission and ministry, spend time with mentors, see justice at work, and spend time in discernment of their calling. This is a holistic mission and ministry experience all in one summer.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must complete the Application by April 15, 2019
- Must complete a prerequisite 24 credit hours
- Must have a current valid passport
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- IIs responsible for funding the international portion of their internship
The application for 2019 is available here. It must be submitted by April 15.