SEJ UMVIM seeks summer interns
The Southeastern Jurisdiction office of United Methodist Volunteers in Mission office offers an internship program each summer for young adults in the area. The eight-week program begins with students spending a week in the Birmingham office. Following this short stint of training, the next weeks are spent in hands-on mission work—three weeks at an approved domestic project and three weeks at an approved international project—and closes with a final week of debriefing back in the Birmingham office.
Interns will experience various aspects of mission and ministry, spend time with mentors, see justice at work, and spend time in discernment of their calling. This is a holistic mission and ministry experience all in one summer.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Completes the UMVIM, SEJ Internship Application by April 15, 2019
- Completes a prerequisite of 24 credit hours
- Has a current valid passport
- Has a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Is responsible for funding the international portion of their internship
Application may be completed online and must be submitted by March 20, 2020. Click here to begin your application.