We love to tell the story of North Alabama Conference congregations in ministry to grow disciples of Jesus Christ! Share your congregation’s story of your past events, ministry celebrations and ongoing ministries. It’s as easy as 1,2,3.
STEP 1: Write a summary of the news (200-500 words).
- Include the basics – who, what, where, when and why.
- Include how this event / ministry / celebration helped your congregation make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
- Include brief quotes from key leaders or participants.
STEP 2: Tell the story with pictures if possible.
- If possible provide 2 to 5 digital pictures that are clear and well lit. The bigger the better!
- It’s best to have a close up of faces rather than large group shots.
- It’s best to show “action” instead of posed shots when possible.
- If you have other media to tell the story (such as an online video) send the web address and we will include a link within the story. Make sure your media does not contain copyrighted material that you do not have the rights to use (such as using copyrighted songs in videos).
STEP 3: Email the story, pictures and media to the Office of Communication staff
- Email the text of your story in the body of the email, attached as a Microsoft Word or Google Doc to Danette Clifton (firstname.lastname@example.org) and/or Lyn Cosby (email@example.com).
- Attach the pictures separately as .jpg or .png files. (Please do not include the pictures embedded in documents.)
- Provide a contact person’s name and daytime contact information in case the Communication staff has questions.
The Communication staff will then edit and post your story on the North Alabama Conference website and include it in an upcoming issue of the eVoice.
Discover, Develop and Deploy Spiritual Leaders to Make Disciples of Jesus Christ for the Transformation of the World.