In Conference Teams
Criteria for in-conference volunteers to mobilize on the ground in these areas, and to gain valuable experience in disaster response:
- Teams may be comprised of disaster-recovery-sensitive individuals with a passion for this ministry, but no formal UMCOR ERT training.
- Team leaders of such teams will need to have had UMCOR training since 2004, and experience in the disaster recovery field.
- Team leaders should register their team through the conference website, and await further contact before deployment (please be patient as we are getting many requests).
Criteria for teams coming from outside of the conference to serve in North Alabama:
- Team leaders should have disaster recovery experience, preferrably with UMCOR.
- Team leaders and potential team members should contact your Annual Conference to find out about teams in your area.
- If your team is coming to North Alabama, team leaders should register their team through the North Alabama Conference website, and await further contact before deployment (please be patient as we are getting many requests).
- Please note at this time we cannot accept individual volunteers from outside of our Annual Conference to serve at this point in the disaster relief effort.
Discover, Develop and Deploy Spiritual Leaders to Make Disciples of Jesus Christ for the Transformation of the World.